Wednesday, May 20, 2009

resurrection of the forgotten

i am terrible at making good names for poems...
so ill name this:

Shoooooooting Star
A little while ago,
In a galaxy not far from our own,
There was a little star
Whose luster brilliantly shone.
Everyone marveled at the greatness of this star
Illuminating bright, strong and far.
And down here at earth
Someone saw his great light
And opened her curtains
To lighten the night
But this little star
Had never once seen the sun
He thought that out of all the stars,
He was the brightest one.
He thought that to this little girl,
Who admired his gleam,
He was the center of all she could dream.
But unfortunately,
Things weren't all that they seemed.
This little girl had something else
That the little star couldn't see.
And so, the little star shone,
And guided her
Through the night
This star shone for the little one
To give her illuminated sight
But during the day,
When the star was gone,
He would not see
That he was wrong
There was the sun,
Whom he would never meet
It provided warmth, light and heat
So to this little girl
The star eventually became obselete
She said, I'm sorry,
But I don't need you anymore.
I know it seems harsh
And she pointed at the door.
The star was shocked, sad and distressed
He said, Why? What did I do to get in this mess?
Nothing, you see; Is what she replied
The sun is so bright, but your light's starting to die
And so
The little star decided to show her
Just what he could do
He felt there was something
He still had to prove.
And so he mustered all his
Energy and lit up the night
Radiating from this star, came a blinding light.
But the little girl said
What did you just do?
And he replied
Can't you see? I can shine too!
She shook her head
And said Look at you now!
You have no shine, you're as bright as a cloud!
The star felt miserable, glum and depressed
He was only trying
To shine his brightest.
So then like a bullet,
He went off in a shot,
Jealous of this sun that she thought was so hot.
And so he became just
Another shooting star
That felt so close
And was yet so far.

-----------------------------------------------------

originally, i was going to write some super emo poem. but thats lame right now.
this one isn't super emo. but its meant to be semi-sad.
happy happy
...........?
for some reason, my heart just sunk. right...like 5 seconds ago.
when i was typing "happy happy"
wtheck. weird? ironic?...why?



broken pieces of my heart carried off in the winds
our distance growing, her love rescinds
i am ever failing, can i ever win?
discontent with myself, uncomfortable in my own skin
these wounds, its hard to heal
fear is how i fall.
confusing what is real




oh shit, i fail. disgraceful.

if you have no reason to be happy...do you become sad?
but if you no have reason to be sad, do you become happy?
is it possible to be absolutely emotionless during consciousness?

so you want to know what happened?
a little while ago.
maybe just a year or so
i was slapped in the face
like a bitch you would know.
when i looked to the sun it was covered with clouds
i looked for the light but darkness enshrouds.
but I end it here.


what am i doing? what am i doing with myself?
why?

absolutely nothing. pointless. worthless.
contempt is what's left.
its my fault.
stop with the pity parties.

bow chika bow-ow...


this is what ill do.

BLEED IT OUT
Here I go for the hundredth time
Hand grenade pins in every line
Throw 'em up and let something shine
Going out of my fucking mind
Filthy mouth, no excuse
Find a new place to hang this noose
String me up from atop these roofs
Knot it tight so i won't get loose
Truth is you can stop and stare
Run myself out and no one cares
Dug the trench out laid down there
With a shovel up out of reach somewhere
Yeah, someone pour it in
Make it a dirt dance floor again
Say your prayers and stomp it out
This is the sin

Shotgun opera lock and load
Cock it back and then watch it go
Mama help me I've been cursed
Death is rolling in every verse
Candy paint on his brand new hearse
Can't contain him he knows he works
Fuck this hurts, I won't lie
Doesn't matter how hard I try
Half the words don't mean a thing
And I know that I wont be satisfied
So why try ignoring him
Make it a dirt dance floor again
Say your prayers and stomp it out
This is the sin


*yawn.

you're always unwilling when i need you most.
you're always absent when im in pain.
where'd you go?

1 comment:

  1. <3 i like ur writing chewie. awww babe, i hate seeing you so down :[ makes me wish i was there to cheer u up!!! august!!! and and and i'm so gonna have to buy you a ticket to come play with me here!!!

    LOVE YOU CHEWIE!!! write one about me and you taking over the world with our eating, noming, fooding, chewing and awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete